Every year JordanCon features a variety of charity fundraisers for Mayo Clinic. The largest fundraiser is our silent Charity Auction, held every year on Saturday.
This year members can expect some HUGE changes from years past. First, we’re moving! Our auction will be held in our own room – Maplewood B! We’ll be the first door on the left as you go down the Track Room Hallway. Our auction will run from 9 AM until 7 PM on Saturday. These extended hours will allow our members more time to view and bid on the fantastic items that have been donated to our Charity Auction.
Speaking of donations: do you have something you’d like to see in our auction? We’ve had everything from memorabilia from Robert Jordan’s personal collection to signed books to prints of the Wheel of Time eBook covers to hand-made crafts, and every year we receive more amazing items from people all over the world. If you have something you wish to donate, let us know by filling out our Charity Events Donation Submission Form. We always have space for more items, and our members are always willing to support charity!
All proceeds from the Charity Auction go to a designated charity each year, usually benefiting the Mayo Clinic’s Amyloidosis Research. Our 2018 Charity Auction raised almost $6,000 for Amyloidosis research at the Mayo Clinic, and in the previous eight years, JordanCon has raised almost $30,000 for medical care for authors & their families and Amyloidosis research with its charity events.
- Donated items should be dropped off after Opening Ceremonies on Friday until 7 PM. They will be displayed as they are dropped off and processed. The Silent Auction will open on Saturday at 9 AM and will close at 7 PM.
- Some special items MAY be available for bidding on Friday. These items will be clearly marked.
- If a particular item is getting significant interest or starts a bidding war in the closing moments, it may move to a Live Auction at the discretion of the Charity Auction Staff. The Live Auction will be held immediately at the close of the Silent Auction. Historically this has been restricted to active bidders for that item. This year, we have removed this restriction.
- JordanCon membership is required to make bids. Your name and badge number must be LEGIBLE on the bid sheet for any bid to be valid. This makes finding item winners easier.
- Item pick up begins at 9 AM on Sunday morning and closes at 12 PM.
- Unless specifically stated on the bid sheet, JordanCon will not ship any items.
- Payments are accepted in cash or credit/debit.
- Exceptions to the above may be made only with the approval of the following Charity Auction Staff: Jeff Bernard, Amanda McTaggart, or Melissa Word.
Should you have any questions regarding these changes, or anything else regarding any Charity Events, please contact us.
Contributions or gifts to JordanCon, Inc. are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. However, they may be tax deductible under other provisions of the Internal Revenue Code.