JordanCon’s main charity fundraiser event is the silent Charity Auction, which is held all day Saturday, from 10 AM – 7 PM, in the Grand Ballroom, within the Art Show and Dealer’s Hall. Items for the auction are donated by Tor, Team Jordan, and generous collectors, artists, and craftspeople. In past auctions, we have sold items such as Robert Jordan’s hat, Robert Jordan’s cane, prints of the Wheel of Time eBook covers, hand-made shawls, handmade beadwork, and rare notes and memorabilia from Jordan’s collection. Items are listed individually for attendees to bid on throughout the duration of the auction.
All proceeds from the Charity Auction go to a designated charity each year, usually benefiting the Mayo Clinic’s Amyloidosis Research. Our 2016 Charity Auction raised $2,871 for Amyloidosis research at the Mayo Clinic and in the previous eight years, JordanCon has raised over $20,000 for medical care for authors & their families or Amyloidosis research with its charity events.
Contributions or gifts to JordanCon Inc. are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for Federal Income Tax purposes. However, they may be tax deductible under other provisions of the Internal Revenue Code.
1) The auction will be held on Saturday from 10 AM until 7 PM.
2) Auction items will be spread out on various tables in the Grand Ballroom on the Dealer’s Hall side. This creates more visibility for the auction items.
3) Badge numbers are required to make bids. This will make finding item winners easier. If a particular item is caught in a bidding war between two or more people in the closing moments, this item will move to a “limited live auction” format between only those bidders. No new bidders will be allowed into the live auction.
4) To help simplify the payment process and receipt of items, payments will not be taken at the close of the auction. Instead, you may begin picking up your items at 10 am until noon Sunday morning, auction winners should return to the auction tables from Saturday, pickup will occur in the same place. Payments are accepted in cash, check, or credit/debit.
5) If you wish to donate items to the Auction, the time to do so is Friday while the Grand Ballroom is open. Please go to the Convention Office to donate items. We ask that you notify us of your donation in advance by filling out a donation form here.
Should you have any questions regarding these changes, or anything else regarding the Charity Auction, please contact Jeff Bernard, Charity Auction Director. He can be reached directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.