Note: If you won’t be attending JordanCon yourself, you can find additional rules pertaining to Mailed-In Art at the bottom of this list.
- JordanCon reserves the right to refuse to display any artwork or prints at the sole discretion of the Art Show director(s). Works that are judged to be libelous, plagiaristic, obscene or detrimental to known persons and/or to well-known or trademarked characters will not be permitted. Only artists licensed by Tor Books or The Bandersnatch Group to produce and sell Wheel of Time art will be permitted to sell or auction off Wheel of Time art at the show. However, fan artists are welcome to exhibit their original Wheel of Time art in the Art Show as a “Not for Sale” item.
- The deadline for reserving your display space is Sunday, April 1, 2018, though generally we sell out well before that time. We are taking reservations for the show using the online Artist Display Space reservation form. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or have questions.
- To participate in our show, please fill out our online reservation form and purchase your display space on the website. You have two display options: either an art table (tables are typically between 2’ or 3’ deep by 6’ long) or an art panel, which is 4 ft. X 8 ft. of vertical display space designed for hanging art.
If you will be attending JordanCon in person, the price for an art table is $20, and the price for a single panel is $24. If purchasing a table, we ask that you limit your purchase to just 1 Table. If purchasing panel(s), you can purchase either 1 4 ft. X 8 ft. panel or 2 panels, for a total of 4X16 ft. of display space. If you purchase 2 panels, you will see a discounted price of $36 reflected in your shopping cart. All Art space purchases include your membership for all three days of JordanCon.If you will not be attending JordanCon, the fee is $33 per panel, $45 for two panels, or $29 for an art table.Due to space limitations, we are currently limiting all but our Artist Guest of Honor to only two panels or a table. If you would like to purchase more space, however, please contact us and we will put your name on a list of artists who requested an additional bay, table or panel. If we still have space available after April 2, we will contact you and give you the opportunity to purchase additional space.
- Your entry fee is required when you make your reservation for the show. We accept Paypal for reservation payments.
- Check-In for all artists goes much faster and more smoothly when we know in advance what art you are bringing to the show. To facilitate this, after you have submitted your reservation form and display fees, we require that you use our online Art Submission form and Print Shop Submission form to enter the pieces you will be bringing. This will also enable us to have bid sheets for your art ready for you when you check in at the show. We ask that all artists submit their art via these forms well in advance of JordanCon. However, we realize that sometimes a change is necessary, so you will be able to login and edit your entries up until the week before the show.
- All artwork to be put in the show must be checked in during the Check-In process at the con on Friday. If any artwork is missing or forgotten during your initial check-in, we regret that we will no longer be able to check in additional pieces at a later time. It simply adds too much complication to our record-keeping and inventory procedures. Please take advantage of the Art Submission and Print Shop Submission forms in advance of the show to ensure you are ready to go when the doors open.
- In case of cancellation, your money will be refunded only if your space is resold. No refunds will be issued for cancellations after April 1, 2018.
- All flat art submitted for display in the show must be matted, mounted, framed, or otherwise finished in a way suitable for hanging to ensure that the artwork is undamaged during display. If your artwork requires tablespace, purchase a table during the purchase process. However, due to space constraints, art tables are very limited.
- Upon checking in at the show, each artist will be asked to review their control sheet, which contains the record of pieces they have brought with them to the show for display/sale. Upon checking out of the show, they will be asked to review and sign their control sheet, with adjusted sales totals. After the show, we will email each artist a copy of this control sheet to keep as a record of their participation. There is a similar process for prints checked in to the Print Shop.
- Once entered in the show, no piece may be withdrawn before the close of the show, nor may the conditions of sale (amount of minimum bid, NFS status, etc.) be changed without the express approval of the Art Show director(s).
- All art entered in the show for display and/or auction shall have a bid sheet affixed to it. (We will provide bid sheets at check-in to participating artists, which is one of the advantages of submitting a list of your art in advance.) All bid sheets should contain the following information:
- Title of Art
- Artist Name
- Minimum Bid or Not for Sale (NFS)
- Quick Sale Price (if desired)
- Sunday Sale (after auction) price (if desired)
- All art in the Art Show should be labeled with Title of the work and the Artist’s Name on the back of the piece at minimum, independent of the bid sheet.
- JordanCon is not responsible for theft or damage to pieces displayed. JordanCon does not provide insurance coverage for art displayed or sold at the show. While we make every reasonable attempt to protect your art, we recommend you verify that your insurance coverage extends to display in the show.
- No food, drink, or photography (except by approved media or JordanCon staff) is allowed in the Art Show except in designated areas. Smoking is prohibited throughout the venue.
- Any Art Show Silent Auction item may be purchased outright for the Quick Sale Price as long as there are no bids on the item. As soon as one (1) bid is made, it can no longer be purchased at the Quick Sale Price. It must be bid upon. The highest written bid at the close of the Silent Auction purchases the piece. Any for-sale items with no bids at the close of the auction may be purchased Sunday at the Sunday Sale/After Auction price, if one has been specified.
- The Georgia Department of Revenue requires that sales tax of 7% MUST be paid on Art Show sales. As a convenience to our artists, JordanCon will collect this tax on Art Show and Print Shop sales, fill out the Special Event Form required and send it to the Georgia Department of Revenue on your behalf.
- JordanCon will collect a 10% commission fee on all art sold at the show. A portion of this money will be donated to the Mayo Clinic as an ongoing tribute to Wheel of Time creator, Robert Jordan, who received treatment there for cardiac amyloidosis.
- The Art Show closes at 2:30 PM, however Artist check-out will not start until 3:30. We need this time to verify sales and inventory before any art is removed from the space.
- Teardown of the show begins promptly at 4:30 PM on Sunday, April 22, 2018. To facilitate teardown, any art remaining in the room at this time will be removed by the Art Show’s staff.
- Agents, please send a letter of authorization in advance of the show or bring it with you when you check-in.
- Artist/agents will be paid within 30 days of the close of the convention. All payments will be made out to the artist unless instructed otherwise in writing by the artist.
- A signed copy of these rules must be returned by all artists/agents as an indication that they have read, understand, and agree to abide by the rules governing JordanCon’s display and sale of their work. Scans of signed forms submitted by email are also acceptable.
The rules listed for the Art Show above also apply to the Print Shop. The rules below are exclusive to the Print Shop. Please read all of them carefully and sign and return a copy of these rules to indicate that you have read and understand them.
JordanCon is pleased to offer a Print Shop at the con for participating artists and former Artist Guests of Honor who would like to sell prints of some of their work at our show. There is currently no additional charge for this service; however, we do ask that artists limit the size and number of their prints as described below.
- As Print Shop space is limited, we ask our artists to limit themselves to no more than 5 copies of up to 15 separate works. The Print Shop should have no more than 75 copies of your work at the start of the show.
- All prints in the Print Shop should be bagged and boarded. The final size for each of your prints when bagged and boarded should be 16″X20″ or less. This is so they will fit easily within the bins in the Print Shop.Note: Under very special circumstances we may be able to accommodate small numbers of larger sizes, but please contact the Art Show directors in advance to discuss such an exception to our normal rules. We cannot accommodate larger size prints if we do not know about them before the start of the show, and in some cases it may simply not be possible to do so. To avoid disappointment, please contact us in advance.
- All prints submitted to the Print Shop must have a sticker or label attached to the outside of the bag with the following information:
Piece ID. The Piece ID is generated when you submit your prints via our online Print Shop Submission Form. Please contact us if you need help locating it.
Title of Art
- JordanCon will collect a 10% commission on Print Shop sales. There will be no other fee for putting art in the Print Shop this year.
- Submissions to the Print Shop will be done via an online Print Shop Submission Form very similar to the submission form used for Art Show entries. ALL Prints must be submitted online. No prints will be accepted onsite if they were not submitted in advance. You can enter and edit all Print Shop information up until the week of the show.
- PLEASE NOTE: Titles on Prints cannot be changed onsite. All prints must be put in the show with the same names that were submitted online.
- PLEASE NOTE: The Print Shop will accept items that are flat and fit within our size restrictions. Such items may be no thicker than 1/4″ and must be packaged in the same way that our prints are (bagged and boarded) OR else the artist must provide an appropriate display stand. We reserve the right to refuse items submitted if for reasons of space or handling the Print Shop cannot accommodate them.
- PLEASE NOTE: Once checked into the Print Shop, items cannot be removed except through purchasing the item. They are part of our inventory for the duration of the show. Artists wishing to gift a print to a friend should either wait until the item is checked out of the show or purchase the item themselves.
Preference for space in the show is given to artists/agents who will be attending JordanCon. Should the show sell out, there is a small chance that your mailed-in art may get bumped from the show. Should that occur, we will send you an email before April 2, 2018, and issue a full refund. For this reason, we ask that you wait to send us your mail-in art until after that date. Just keep in mind, that it must be postmarked no later than April 13, 2017, to be included in the show. Please read the following additional rules that apply to mailed-in art very carefully:
- Please be sure that your art is sent to us after April 2 but postmarked no later than April 13, 2017.
- Include a check to cover return shipping and insurance in the same amount it cost you to ship your art to us. We will use this amount to return any unsold art to you. In the event all of your art sells, we’ll simply return your check.
- All art must be accompanied by an inventory list, to enable us to be sure all the art you meant to send is there. If you have entered all of your pieces into the online Art Submission form, you can simply print it out and include that.
- Prints submitted for the Print Shop must follow the rules listed above in the Print Shop section. Please ensure you have them labelled correctly, using the Piece ID that is generated when you submit them using our Print Shop form.
- A signed copy of these rules must be sent in advance or with the art. Scans of signed forms submitted by email are also acceptable.
- Please be sure your art fits in the display space you bought and please allow room for the bid sheets. If there is too much art for your space, the art show staff will decide which to display and which not to display. If you prefer, send a simple diagram with your art of how you would like it arranged and the art show staff will do their best to accommodate your wishes.
- Your art will be well cared for, but JordanCon cannot be held responsible for art lost or damaged in shipping. Please send art in secure packaging, as the same package will be used to return any unsold items.
- Mail art to this address:
1425 Market Blvd., Suite 530-68
Roswell, GA 30076
- Mail art to this address: