My fellow belters of songs! It has been a long time since we’ve been able to take the stage, but after conferring with the Programming Team and Convention Operations, we are tentatively optimistic that the great JordanCon tradition of Karaoke will be back for 2022! Of course, that also means we will be coming back for a third year of JordanCon Karaoke All-Stars! Who will win the talent pipes this year? It could be you!
NOTE: This is a tentative and optimistic plan. Should Covid-19 conditions change to where JordanCon deems that we cannot do Karaoke safely, we will postpone to a future year. At a minimum, we expect that all singers will be required to wear masks, and you will need to remain on the stage (no going out into the audience)
You can put your name in the hat here.
- Alternate lyrics are allowed, but please keep language and the performance to PG-13.
- Groups are allowed, but no repeat performers. There is only 1 prize (a set of “talent pipes” from Badali Jewelry) awarded to the winner, so a group will need to decide who it would be awarded to should they win.
- Your time-slot is 5 minutes long. This includes set up, anything you want to say prior to singing, the song, any outro, and leaving the stage. Points will be deducted for exceeding time.
- You will be provided 2 wired microphones, 1 wireless microphone, and a stage.
- Backing music and lyrics-on-screen will be provided to the best of the host’s ability. He will work with you over email to get the best arrangement possible. (more info below)
- There will be a sound/mic check at 7:30pm Friday night. Doors open and the contest begins at 8:30pm. Do not be late, or you will be bumped.
- Singing order will be determined on site via random draw.
- A panel of three judges will rate your performance. Judging criteria are:
- Singing Accuracy/Skill 50%
- Showmanship/Performance 40%
- Costume/Props 10%
- The email address you supply will be the point of contact used for this contact.
When you submit your song, Richard will reach out to the you (or your Group’s point of contact) to coordinate getting the karaoke track to the group to practice with before hand, or to request the track should he not have it. Simply “play this YouTube” will not work, though. Richard needs at least an mp3 file as he will not have reliable internet access.
Lookin’ Forward to hearing what the All-Stars can bring!
Dressed as Adolin Kholin, I plan to sing “Hero Too” from My Hero Academia
This is sounds awesome, but if you want to do this for the contest, please submit an entry on the google form: