You asked for it …. we heard you! By popular demand, JordanCon 10 will introduce the new Karaoke All-Stars Contest!
This is a special set of time slots set aside during Friday Night Karaoke (from 9-10 p.m.) for competition-style, judged performances! (Registration required) Bring costumes, props and as much showmanship as you can muster! Alternate lyrics are allowed, but please keep language and the performance PG-13. Groups are allowed, but no repeat performers.
Winners will take home fabulous prizes! What will the judges be looking for?
• Technical Skill: This one is fairly self explanatory. How well did you sing it, whether true to the original style or adding your own flair?
• Audience Reaction: This will be a bit different for every song, but how well did the crowd react to your song? Did your power ballad leave them in tears, or did your jam have them out of their seats dancing?
• Showmanship/Performance: Were your costumes and props cool? Did you really “Move It Move It”? How far beyond a single person standing stationary in front of a mic stand did you go, and did you do it well?
A Few More Rules:
- Your time-slot is 5 minutes long. This includes set up, intro comments, the song, outro and leaving the stage. Points will be deducted for exceeding time.
- You must coordinate with organizer Richard Fife prior to the event or you will not be able to perform. He will reach out to you via the contact info you provide during registration to coordinate getting the karaoke track to the group to practice with before hand, or to request the track should he not have it.
- You must have an MP3 file or something similar to perform to – there will not be internet access during this event. So “Play this from YouTube” isn’t going to cut it. Sorry!
There are very limited slots. Signup will be on a first-come, first-serve basis, and we will have a wait list in the event of a no-show!