JordanCon 9 Charity Game: Ta'veren Ties
AKA "Pink Ribbons"
This year we are reviving a fun charity fundraiser event from a few years ago which we call "Ta'veren Ties." Our amazing (and tolerant) "Mat Cauthon" cosplayers will be given a token to identify them as participants in the game (please don't give your ribbon to someone who doesn't want to play). JordanCon's attendees will purchase pink ribbons to award to the Mat Cauthon cosplayer they like best. You award your ribbon to your favorite Mat by tying it on them (with their consent). We will count them on Saturday just before the Dance Party to see which Mat was JordanCon's favorite.
Please read below to find out more about how you can help us raise additional money for the Mayo Clinic's Amyloidosis Research Fund, all while having an amazing amount of fun.
Rules of the Game:
- To participate as one of our ducklings…err, contestants, come by the Art Show and sign up between Friday at 2:30 PM and 7 PM Saturday. All contestants MUST sign up to participate. When you sign up, we will give you a token of the Queen's affection.
- Mat cosplayers may NOT buy ribbons for themselves. (He was lucky, but he didn’t cheat.)
- You don’t have to have a complete Mat costume, but the general look should clearly be recognizable as Mat Cauthon.
- Ribbons may be tied on or possibly clipped with a small clip. They can also dangle out of your pocket or pouch, but they should be visible while you are in costume.
- The game ends just before the Saturday Dance Party, where winners will be announced. All participating Mat cosplayers should report to the Dance Party at 8:00 PM with your token and your costume so we can count your ribbons and determine the winner.
- The purpose of this event is to raise money for the Mayo Clinic’s Amyloidosis Research Fund. All proceeds for this event will be donated to Mayo. So buy early and often!
- Ribbons must be purchased from our Ebou Dari Widow or from Tylin’s stash in the Art Show. They can only be sold between 4 PM Friday and 8 PM Saturday (just before the Dance Party).
- Ribbons will be sold at $1 per foot, or $3 for a yard. For a $20 donation, you can buy a whole roll, but there will be a limited supply of these.
- The Widow ONLY accepts cash.
- Ribbons should only be given to one of our participating cosplayers with the Queen's token. There will be a sign where you purchase your ribbon to show you what to look for. You can give them their ribbon at any time as long as they have their token; they do not have to be in costume at the time, though it helps.
- Ribbons may be tied on or possibly clipped with a small binder clip. They can also be put in a pocket or pouch and allowed to dangle out. No one is allowed to stick Mat Cauthon with a pin or hog tie him (...except Tylin).
- Regardless of where you stand in the endless debate over what happened between Tylin and Mat, remember, COSPLAY IS NOT CONSENT. This is a game. Let’s keep it fun for everyone and not awkward and weird.
Let the game begin!