Charity Auction Announcement - Changes
It may be of interest that there are a couple of significant changes this year to the Charity Auction. Here is a breakdown of our changes.
• We’re going to have a better display space this year. We’re still in the Art Show/Director’s Hall, but won’t be hiding in the corner. We’ll be out in the middle of everything. We should not be hard to find. We’ll be the second best looking group in the room. We’re almost as good looking as the Art Show crew.
• Donations will be accepted directly at the Charity Auction Booth on Friday starting at 2:30. You’ll get to see all our wonderful stuff as we get it and set it up. We WILL NOT accept any bids on Friday. Well...if you wish to bid more than $10,000 on any one item, we might consider waiving this rule.
• Due to popular demand, we are extending the hours to give more people the opportunity to come visit us. Bidding will be open from 10am to 7pm on Saturday. If the Art Show doors are open, we’ll be there. Please come visit and bid; we really are fantastic people. We don’t bite at all...much...OK, fine, Hopper bites, but only Darkfriends, pandas, and shoplifters.
• If we have active bidding (at the discretion of the Charity Auction Staff) on any items in the last minute of the Charity Auction, we’ll go to a live auction. Only those that have already bid on that item will be allowed to continue bidding.
• Winners can pick up their items on Sunday starting at 10am. If we don’t see you by noon, someone will likely come hunting for you. We will accept cash, checks, and credit/debit cards. We will no longer be allowed to accept first-born children as payment- apparently the exchange rate isn’t what it used to be.
We are also still looking for items for the Charity Auction. For those of you who like donating things, we have a new form (Thank you, Kelcey) that will make things much more efficient. Please help us crush our previous record.
We can’t wait to see you all in April!